Annual dues are $88 for each scout and are generally due at the beginning of each school year. The dues are used for registering our pack and to create and fund a year-round scouting experience for your son. An addition $12 is required if you would like your son to receive Boys Life magazine.
The dues are generally used for the following. Den Activity Funds
Each Den Leader receives a fixed amount per boy for use towards activities (crayons, glue, paper, kits, etc.) they do at den meetings. All of our Leaders are VOLUNTEERS, so it is unfair to expect them to fund these expenses, donate their time, and pay dues for their boys (which they are required to do). This allocation (approximately $40 per boy) is given at the beginning of the school year and is expected to last the entire Scouting year. Pack Administration
Listed below are a few but not all expenses incurred by Pack 150 specific to running the pack.
Specific Pack events
- Annual Registration and Pack Re-Charter
- Insurance: For Leaders and the Boy
- Boy’s Life Magazine Subscription
- Underwriting each Pack meeting (refreshments and activity costs)
Costs for special pack events are also paid, either partly or in full, out of the dues
- Blue and Gold Dinner – although parents are asked to purchase tickets to offset the cost, typically some portion of this event is funded by the Pack.
- Summer Picnic – free to all Pack families, and a great way to celebrate the year’s accomplishments!
- Pinewood Derby – Scouts are provided car kits and trophies. Refreshments are sold at a nominal fee to help offset the costs to the Pack, maintenance for computer systems, and tracks used to keep the event running smoothly each year.
- Family Campout - Pack 150 covers the costs of registration, food,and activities for all scout families.